How are those trading cards going? Ready to add some more? Use the links provided below (or ones that you find) to develop a decent description for each event or idea from the middle years of the Cold War. This information will help with context for our final major topic in the Cold War – the Vietnam War. Each entry should have an essential image and complete detailed information. Use the first entry as an example for detail – bulleted points are fine. Fun facts are optional.
After you are done, you should be able to discuss how each of the events led to greater tension between the two sides of the developing Cold War.
- THE RED SCARE AND MCCARTHYISM – (The Red Scare,Joseph R. McCarthy,
- BRINKMANSHIP – (United States will not “cringe” before Soviet weapons, Brinkmanship)
- THE DOMINO THEORY – (Domino Theory )
- THE U-2 INCIDENT (American U-2 spy plane shot down, The U-2 Incident – usmstudent, wildcats)
- THE BERLIN WALL – (Berlin Wall built, Deconstructing History: Berlin Wall Video – Berlin Wall – HISTORY.com)
- THE BAY OF PIGS – (The Bay of Pigs Invasion Begins, The Bay of Pigs Invasion)
- THE CUBAN MISSILE CRISIS (Cuban Missile Crisis, Cuban Missile Crisis – John F. Kennedy Presidential Library & Museum)