It’s been a lot of government so far, my young political scholars – and we aren’t done yet! Here are some things you can do over the next few days to get that Constitution and the federal government cemented in your mind – but only the first two are expected!
- ORGANIZE YOUR AMERICAN STUDIES NOTEBOOK! Make sure everything is in order (first to last), your TOC is updated, and your work is all complete.
- Finish the Constitution – this Interactive Constitution from Prentice Hall can help!
- Look at the news, the newspaper, Google News, CNN, or any other news service and try to apply what we are learning to our current society. Look for examples of many of the terms that we have discussed (and will discuss).
- Teach your parents what we are talking about in class – amaze them with your knowledge.
- Ask your parents about the crazy Election of 2000 – what do they remember?
- Play some fun games on iCivics – Power Play, LawCraft, Win the White House , Executive Command – good times with the big head people.
You can also use the weekend to get going on assembling some resources for your skeleton bibliography. Don’t wait until the last minute!
Sunday looks like a nice day – so make sure you get outside, enjoy the fall, get some fresh air, play in a creek, throw the football around, ride your bike, kick the soccer ball, help out in the yard, get some ice cream … yeah!