After the DOI was adopted, the new United States needed to make a government – can’t have a state of nature, right? The Congress discussed and adopted a form of known as … (drumroll, please)
THE ARTICLES OF CONFEDERATION!
What was this form of government? How did it work? How didn’t it work? That’s our next step, as we answer the essential question “Why was there a need for new government in 1787?
Use the fun fantastic “Articles of Confederation” reading to dive into the AOC.AOCreading 17
Want more? check out …
Use the links below (or any other link) to add to / complete your notes.
- The Constitution, the Articles, and Federalism: Crash Course US History – awesome! Love it! Watch until 5:00 to review
- HipHughes History and the Articles for Dummies – I love this guy – tons of caffeine!
- Mr. Ball and the Articles – ummmm…. interesting?
- An impressive student song/project – points for creativity and guts!
- Story Time with Mr. Beat – Shays’ Rebellion – not sure about the beat, but a decent overview!
- Mount Vernon Conference · George Washington’s Mount Vernon
- The Mt. Vernon Compact and The Annapolis Convention
- Shays’ Rebellion – Facts & Summary – HISTORY.com