What an amazing Convention! The delegates created a document that George Washington termed “a miracle“ – what do you think he meant? Aren’t you dying to know more? Spend some time with the materials below to review the causes, influences and actions of the Framers of the Constitution. How long, you ask? That’s up to you – but realize that you will be asked to hit some targets very soon!
You gotta check out GW’s own site on the Convention!
- The Constitution, the Articles, and Federalism: Crash Course US History #8 from John Green – I wish I was a fraction of as cool as this guy.
- Constitutional Compromises: Crash Course Government #5 – Craig Benzine is funny too
- America gets a new Constitution from the History Channel
- The Making of the American Constitution from Judy Walton – pretty cool – that’s a lot of chalk!
- We the People from Liberty’s Kids – ever watch that show?
- WANT THE FULL CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION? Try “A More Perfect Union” – it’s almost two hours, though …
The Constitutional Convention by Gordon Lloyd and Teaching American History – Pretty much everything you would ever need to know about the Convention. On a scale of 1-4, Lloyd gets a 6,451.
BrainPop (yup, from many moons ago) has a timeline game that is pretty solid!
Here’s a board game that covers the creation of the Constitution.
And, it’s mentioned a little in …