After the DOI was adopted, the new United States needed to make a government – gotta gave a government, right? The Congress discussed and adopted a form of known as … (drumroll, please)
THE ARTICLES OF CONFEDERATION!
What was this form of government? How did it work? How didn’t it work? That’s our next step, as we answer the essential question “Why was there a need for new government in 1787?
Use the fun fantastic “Articles of Confederation” reading to dive into the AOC. As you read, make sure you use the reading guide handed out in class. There should be a ton of thinking, but not too much writing!
Want to learn more and add to your notes? (OF COURSE YOUR DO!) Check out …
- The Constitution, the Articles, and Federalism: Crash Course US History – awesome! Love it! Watch until 5:00 to review
- HipHughes History and the Articles for Dummies – I love this guy – tons of caffeine!
- Mr. Ball and the Articles – ummmm…. interesting? Not sure about Mr. Ball …. but it gets the point across!
- Story Time with Mr. Beat – Shays’ Rebellion – not sure about the beat, but a decent overview!
- Mount Vernon Conference · George Washington’s Mount Vernon
- The Mt. Vernon Compact and The Annapolis Convention
- Shays’ Rebellion – Facts & Summary – HISTORY.com